Textnow is one of the creative platforms that allows users to send and receive texts using Android or iOS platforms and even their PCs via internet browsers. However, if you find this account intrusive, you may be looking for a way to delete the account.
Here we will see a detailed guide on Textnow Account deletion. It is VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) that allows users to make free calls and texts in Canada and the United States. You get individual phone numbers that allow you to easily make free calls and texts, but the basic requirement is a good internet connection.
While it costs nothing at all, there are times when people don’t have a high-quality internet connection. Some users also don’t like TextNow as an ideal choice because it is a limited service type. Hence, in such cases, one may need to delete or delete their TextNow account.
You should be aware that TextNow will not delete free accounts, we are here to answer them and it won’t take up much of your time!
How to Delete Textnow Account
Unfortunately, there is no way to permanently delete your account on TextNow. If you’ve tried looking at the settings, there’s no ‘delete account’ option. This also means that you will not be completely removed from their database.
However, there are several ways to deactivate an account. But it is the best way to delete the account. And we will see the detailed guide in the post below.
Alternative Ways to Delete or Deactivate a Textnow Account
Method 1: Stop Using TextNow
One of the best ways to deactivate a TextNow account is to try not to use it. Mainly for this reason you should try and remove the app from your smartphone. And if you don’t use the app for several days (mostly for three days), your TextNow account will delete your phone number.
This will ensure that you do not receive any messages or calls. When this happens, you can rest assured that the account is deactivated. Depending on the phone model or brand you are using, the un-installation process will be different.
But to make your job easier, we provide you a step-by-step guide here:
- Navigate the app on your phone.
- Tap the TextNow app icon and hold it for a few seconds.
- You will see a floating menu that says ‘uninstall’ for most phones. Or you may see an ‘X’ icon at the top of the phone screen.
- Now you can uninstall the app according to your phone model from here.
Once you have completed the uninstallation process, your work is done. Make sure you don’t use it again for a few days, and your account will be deactivated sometime.
Method 2: Remove Personal Information
As per the app itself, your account will be deactivated when you don’t use it for a few days. But remember that your personal information remains attached to the account and the company can gain access whenever needed.
Therefore, we recommend that you delete any kind of sensitive information and personal data from here first. Here are the steps to follow:
- From an internet browser, go to the official TextNow login page.
- Here you have to enter your account credentials and Login.
- Now you will be able to see your account dashboard.
- From here you need to go to the settings in the sidebar located on the left. the icon looks like a gear shape.
- Now enter a random email and name in the fields and click Save.
- Click the “Security and Login” option in the sidebar.
- Now press/tap on ‘Sign out of all devices.
- Then you should see the clock on the ‘X’ icon in the right corner of the screen.
- Exit the setting menu.
In this way, you have deleted all your data which was shared with the TextNow app.
Method 3: Cancel TextNow Subscription
By now, you already know how to deactivate an account and also delete personal data from the application database. But did you know that even after you stop using the app, you will still be billed if you have subscribed to a premium plan before?
Yes, if you have subscribed now there is a need for manual cancellation. Here’s a guide to do it:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Open the Main Menu, it can be done on the left side of your phone screen..
- Now click on My Account.
- Then on the next page, click ‘Cancel My Subscription’. to get this particular option, you have to scroll down.
- Here you may need to confirm one more time.