Instagram has long launched its archive feature to help its users remove all kinds of old content, including photos and videos, from their profile pages.
As we reviewed previously, this feature is quite different from the delete feature on Instagram, which can remove content without deleting it permanently.
Or in short, by using this feature, Instagram users still have the opportunity to re-access the hidden photos or videos.
In fact, users also still have the opportunity to return the hidden content to their profile page as before.
In this case, you just need to go to the Instagram archive page, then reactivate the photos you want to restore. In more detail, you can follow the steps below.
How to Restore Archived Photos on Instagram
- First of all, enter the Instagram account profile page that you have.
- On that page, then select the archive icon, which is an icon shaped like a clock in the upper right corner.
- If you don’t go directly to the Posts Archive page, you can tap the Stories Archive at the top left, and replace it with Posts Archive.
- Find the photo that you want to return to your Instagram profile.
- If you have found it, tap on the photo, then select the options icon in the top right corner of the photo (three dots).
- After that, select the Show on Profile option to return the photo to your account profile.
By following the steps above, now the photos that you have archived will reappear in the list of photos on your Instagram profile that you have.
Or in other words, other Instagram users can now see the photo on your account profile page, unless your account is private then only your followers or followers can see it.
But keep in mind, the photo will not appear as a new post on Instagram. However, the photos will appear as before, in the same order of time as you uploaded them.